MDA experts can answer many important questions regarding single, two, or multi vehicle collisions. The usual issues are:
- Speeds at impact
- Vehicle positions in time before impact to assess avoidability
- The impact location – usually in reference to the roadway center
- The pre impact locations – to determine who was on the incorrect side of center when!
- The magnitude of the impact – in terms of potential to cause injury
- Were the seatbelts in use at the moment of impact?
- If worn, would the seatbelts have reduced injury magnitude
- Who was driving? Occupant positioning is an issue more often that you might think
- Visibility issues that may contribute to avoidability – often requires site survey in 3D